Please register for COLT 2023 on Eventbrite.
The registration fee for COLT also includes registration for the NicolòFest (celebrating Nicolò Cesa-Bianchi's 60th birthday) and banquet dinner.
For any issues about registration, visa information etc. please contact the local chairs.
|Earlybird before 26th June 2023||$350||$500|
You can cancel your registration with full refund (except for Eventbrite's processing charges) until 12th June 2023.
Participation: COLT 2023 will be primarily in person. We will allow presentation-at-a-distance only under extenuating circumstances.
We encourage all participants that require a visa to travel to India, to apply for the visa as soon as possible. You can find more details about the visa application process, as well as how to submit the application, on the website of Indian consulate in your country. If you are applying for a conference visa:
- Please fill out this form to get an invitation letter for visa purposes. Please note that only Email address, Name, Passport Number and Nationality are required for providing the invitation letter. However, we strongly recommend that you submit all other information we are seeking in the form as well, since this will enable us to obtain prior clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, for your visa application. While the MHA conference visa guidelines suggest that this is not required for most applications, organizers of other past conferences in India have advised us to obtain prior clearance for all attendees to the extent possible.
In addition to the invitation form, please also attach the following documents to your visa application.
- MHA clearance letter for COLT 2023
- MEA approval letter for COLT 2023
- Q4 and Q6 in MHA conference visa FAQs.
If you are from China or Iran, please apply very soon. You may need additional security clearance, so it is important to apply early.
If you are from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan or are a foreigner of Pakistani origin, please contact us before applying for a conference visa. We will need to obtain security clearance for your visit separately.
The conference visa application form asks for details of the host. You can provide the following:
Name of the Organizer/Invitee: Aditya Gopalan
Address of the Organizer/Invitee: Department of Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, CV Raman Road, Bengaluru 560012, India
Phone of the Organizer/Invitee: +91 8861288232.
We will hold office hours to answer any visa related questions over the next week. Our visa office hours are Thursday, 1st June 2023, 11 am - 12:00 noon ET. If you have any questions, please join us on Google Meet at the link provided below.
- Thursday, June 1, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Time zone: Eastern Time (NYC)
- Google Meet video call link: https://meet.google.com/oij-eecv-qne
To the best of our knowledge, there are no vaccine requirements to travel to India except for Yellow Fever -- only if you are traveling from a select set of countries (see here and here). Your local authorities might recommend certain vaccines, please check with them directly.
Student Travel Grants
At the moment, we do not have any student travel grants. So, students who wish to attend COLT need to register as usual. We are exploring sponsorship for supporting some student travel grants. As and when we have these funds, we will reach out to all registered students and update this section as well.
COLT main conference
The conference venue, Lalit Ashok, seems to be short on rooms. However, there are several hotels that are close to the venue including:
- ITC Windsor Manor (Highly recommended, walking distance). You can email [email protected] (cc: [email protected]) with subject COLT 2023 Room Booking.
- Taj West End (Highly recommended, walking distance)
- Renaissance Bengaluru Race Course Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bengaluru Racecourse
- Gold Finch Hotel
- Vividus Hotels